Lockdown basemiles with WMNride!
Each week during lockdown we share a track (road cycling) from one of our base locations (Brussels, Ghent, Antwerp, Borgloon) to offer you a safe and social opportunity to ride in times of COVID-restrictions. By riding those tracks within suggested time frames, you will be likely to spot other WMNriders on the road and never feel alone!
Join at different locations to discover beautiful places away from home AND higher your chances to unlock a WMNride present! Keep reading for more information.
Unlock a WMNride present!
For each registration made in November/December, you make a chance to win a cool WMNride present by the end of December. Each registration enters the WMN lockdown ballot; if you are the lucky winner, we will double check if you completed the ride!
All revenue of the December lockdown rides goes to our 2021 charity project.
Follow us on the road to 1000km Kom op Tegen Kanker!
How it works:
1) Register online for the date/location of your choice until 24 hours before the suggested start time (Friday 9:00am).
2) On Friday evening, you receive an email with the GPX-file.
3) On Saturday, we suggest to leave between 9:00 and 9:30 am for your solo ride to meet other WMNriders. Of course you are free to complete this track anytime.
4) Have fun and share your riding experience on social media with @wmnride
1) You are allowed to ride with max. 4 people; we suggest to ride with people within your social bubble and stick to the same team to ride with.
2) Each rider joining the ride within your team is expected to register online.
3) WMNride cannot be held responsible for any problems occurring during the ride. It is at your own responsibility to respect standard COVID government measures and to be covered with an appropriate cycling insurance (buy here when needed).
4) We suggest meeting points close to our clubhouses to start; please note and respect that these shops/cycling cafés are closed during lockdown. Do not gather in groups bigger than 4 when meeting up at the suggested meeting points.
7/11 + 5/12 – Brussels
14/11 + 12/12 – Ghent
21/11 + 19/12 – Antwerp
28/11 + 26/12 – Borgloon
Suggested time to roll-out between 9 and 10 am.
Free to WMNride members; €3 to non-members.
By riding with us, you support the promotion of women cycling.