We want all our WMNriders to be prepared, so we ask that everyone brings their own basic repair kit and make an ABC-quick check before each ride. Not sure what that is? Go through the checklist below.
Make sure to have an appropriate cycling insurance to cover yourself for medical costs and costs related to damage to third parties. To have a complete cycling insurance, we recommend to purchase a Cycling Vlaanderen insurance here (select club “WMNride” for a discount).
Basic repair kit
Prepare a saddle bag to have all your ride essentials together and ready for each ride:
- Mandatory items
- Spare tube
- Hand pump and/or CO2 inflator
- Tire levers
- Multitool (required for disc brake bikes)
- Optional items
- Tire patches (optional)
- Latex gloves (to avoid getting your hands dirty)
- Mini first-aid kit (plasters, antiseptic wipes)
- Some zip ties (for anything that might come loose).
- Some emergency cash money
Make sure your bike is serviced for each ride, it only takes 2 minutes to check all these items to avoid big problems on the road! The ABC-quick check is, as it says, a quick way to check the different parts of your bike. If you doubt about something, visit your mechanic for advice before it is too late!
- Air (tyres)
- Brakes & bolts
- Chain, cassette, cranks
- Quick: check quick releases on you wheels and seat post
Have a good ride!